February 20, 2012

Thought for the Week


I have to be honest. Today my thoughts are empty. Interesting concept really - is it possible? Is it really possible to not be thinking anything?  No, not really.  :-)
I had the pleasure of attending an E-Women Network event on Friday here in Victoria and a part of the event was some mini-coaching sessions. One thing that resonated with me most was that "self-care and self-discovery are business development strategies".  In other words, taking time to rejuvenate and to stop thinking are all part of running a successful business! 
This is great news!  This means that we need to get up, walk away from the computer, stop worrying about what everyone is wanting from us and just enjoy a Sunday afternoon!  It also means that yup - it is possible to have empty thoughts that feed us for another busy week.  Or at least, that's my story and I am sticking to it!

Enjoy your week!
  
Big thanks to Lynda Monk of Creative Wellness for these words of wisdom!  Check out her site for wonderful tools and resources on guided mediation and reflective journal writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment