March 05, 2012

Thought for the Week


I am getting ready to attend the 2012 Career Development Conference this Monday and Tuesday, hosted by the BC Career Development Association (BCCDA).  The conference is always a great way to catch up with people and to get a sense of how people are doing and I am looking forward to seeing everyone! It is going to be a smaller group this year and yet still a powerful time together.

Note a change to our plans!  We have decided to change my presentation from a CDC session to a webinar.  In discussion with BCCDA, and based on feedback I have been getting from the field, we felt that the topic - Creating Significance - Leading Teams in the New Employment Program - is something that managers and supervisors from all over BC would benefit from so we decided to open it up to a wider audience through the webinar format.  Watch for upcoming details on this!

I am also speaking at an AMSSA event on March 8 in Vancouver  - again on motivating staff in times of change.  It will be great to have an opportunity to discuss this topic with leaders from the immigrant service agencies from around BC.  A big thank you to AMSSA for including me in their day.

This is obviously a challenging time for organizations and for leaders. I am available to present a variety of workshops, lunch and learns or webinars for organizations and their leaders on how to manage during these times.  Just give me a call or email to discuss!

Thanks to all of you for subscribing and enjoy your week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment